6-1. About Labuan Work Permit Application
The Labuan Company shall pay advance 2 years of annual renewal fees to Labuan FSA, reason being the work permit will be issue with 2 years validity.
The Labuan Company shall maintain an operation office in Labuan, which is not the regsitered office address of its Trust Company.
The applicant shall have a residential address in Malaysia, preferably in Labuan.
The Applicant shall be paid minimum monthly salary of RM10,000 and subject to Monthly-Tax-Deduction and Employee Injury Scheme contribution on monthly basis. Annual income received by the Applicant is require to report for personal income tax , and the Applicant is responsible to file his/her personal income tax return via online portal (https://ez.hasil.gov.my)
The Applicant is require to be present in Labuan Immigration office for visa endorsement process (after approval granted).
1. Certified true copy of the entire whole passport of employees including empty pages (to be certified true copy by the Embassy of Home Country) [NOTE: 2 sets of certification required for China (PRC), Iran, Iraq, and North Korea nationality.]
2. 4 pieces passport size color photos of applicant with white colour background
3. Personal Resumes (giving personal particulars, professional/educational qualifications and working experience) with the supporting profession / educational certificates of employee (to be certified true copy by the Embassy of Home Country)
4. Employment contract from the Labuan Company to applicant stating the designation, remuneration, duration of contract and terms of employment – contract to be duly signed by both parties
a. Minimum remuneration of applicant must be RM 10,000 per month
b. Original signed contract to be provided as this is required to be stamped at the stamp duty office.
5. Malaysian Income Tax reference number or Form CP 22
6. Business Plan includes the following information:-
(i) Profile of the Labuan Company;
(ii) Job Description of each director (include the applicant);
(iii) Target Markets (state country and percentage);
(iv) Company Organization Chart;
(v) Description of business activity;
(vi) Manpower requirement;
(vii) Financial projections / forecast for three years; and
(viii) Other relevant information that may support the application.
Kindly contact our support team.
The processing is taking approximately 30 working days, subject to no further enquiries from Labuan FSA.
STEP 1: BTC will prepare the invoice and documents in regard to work permit application for signing by the company director and applicant.
STEP 2: Upon payment received, and applicant return the required documents and signed application documents to BTC, then BTC will proceed submission to Labuan FSA to seek for approval.
STEP 3: Approval from Labuan FSA granted, then BTC will submit the work permit recommendation to Labuan Immigration.
STEP 4: Applicant can arrange flight schedule to Labuan Immigration for work permit endorsement process (require to stay 2 days 1 night at Labuan island to complete the endorsement process).
STEP 5: Applicant make payment to Labuan immigration for the endorsement fee, and work permit obtained. Process completed.
6-2. About Labuan Work Permit Renewal
Renewal of work permit application is require to submit to Labuan FSA at least 3 months prior to the expiry of existing work permit validity.
STEP 1: BTC will prepare the invoice and renewal documents in regard to work permit renewal application for signing by the company director and applicant.
STEP 2: Upon payment received, and applicant return the required supporting documents and signed renewal application documents to BTC, then BTC will proceed submission to Labuan FSA to seek for approval.
STEP 3: Approval from Labuan FSA granted, then BTC will submit the work permit renewal recommendation to Labuan Immigration.
STEP 4: Applicant can arrange flight schedule to Labuan Immigration for work permit renewal endorsement process (require to stay 2 days 1 night at Labuan island to complete the endorsement process).
STEP 5: Applicant make payment to Labuan immigration for the endorsement fee, and work permit renewed. Process completed.
1. Four (4) copies of passport size photos with WHITE COLOUR background.
2. Certified true copy of ALL PAGES of passport book by the Notary Public
3. Certified True Copies of highest qualification - educational certificate by the Notary Public
4. Tenancy agreement for the Labuan Operational Office
5. Form EA (annual gross employment income) for previous year.
6. Latest 3 months salary slips
7. Certified true copy of latest 3 months personal bank account statements (must be certified copy by the issued bank) – this act as the evidence of receiving monthly salary from the Labuan Company.
8. Updated Resume (to include the current roles & responsibility in the Labuan Company)
9. Certified true copy of latest 3 months Company bank account statements (must be certified copy by the issued bank) – this act as the evidence of active company business
10. Evidence of Active Company Status (e.g: to provide company invoices, business contract and agreement, or correspondences with clients, etc)
Kindly contact our support team.
Yes, subject to approval of Labuan FSA, and require to provide valid reason or justification on renewal after expiration.
The work permit will lapse as of the expiry date.
The approval rate for renewal is low for this situation.
6-3. About Labuan Work Permit Abandonment
You may surrender the work permit and proceed with proper closure of personal tax file in Malaysia.
Yes, you need to surrender your work permit under the Labuan Company if you resign from the Labuan Company.
Kindly contact our support team.
Yes, you need to leave Malaysia after complete the work permit surrender process, and the work permit validity will be shorten to the date of your flight ticket leaving Malaysia.
6-4. Other general question
My passport is about to expire soon. In this case, what should I do to apply for/renew the Work Permit?
Please renew the passport before proceed the work permit renewal application.
Transfer of work permit from old passport to new passport, BTC will assist the process with fee charges.
Transfer of work permit to new passport, with the supporting document (police report on lost passport) , and BTC will assist the process with fee charges.
Yes, you will have a Malaysia TIN.
Yes, a Labuan operational office is required.
No, you can live in Labuan island of East Malaysia only.
Yes, but you need to surrender the Malaysian company work permit (a person cannot carry two work permit issue from Malaysia immigration)
Yes, but you need to surrender the MM2H visa (a person cannot carry two visa issue from Malaysia immigration)
I am a non-Malaysia resident and do not have a intend to move to Malaysia. In this case, may I apply for the Work Permit?
Yes, but renewal of work permit will be difficult, and personal income tax rate is high (30%) for Non-Tax Resident.
Work permit is valid for 2 years only, and MM2H is valid for more than 2 years (usually up to 10 years validity)
Yes, you need to travel to Labuan immigration to obtain the work permit visa endorse to your passport book.
Are there any penalties for not being able to go to the Immigration Bureau before the Work Permit is obtained or renewed?
If the applicant is not able to complete the work permit endorsement within 3 months from date of approval, the work permit will deemed void and null.
Can Bona Trust Corporation support business office/residential arrangements after obtaining the Work Permit?
Yes, we can introduce real estate companies. Both purchase and rental can be arranged.Yes, we can introduce real estate companies. We can arrange both purchase and rental.
There is no expat card for Labuan work permit.
The work permit issued is a multiple entry visa to West Malaysia and Labuan.
It is available. However, pre-registration is required. When you return from abroad, after passing through the immigration gate of KLIA1 (Kuala Lumpur International Airport Terminal 1), there is a registration window on the left side. The cost is about MYR40.
Labuan offers a vessel registration service. If necessary, we can provide registration support.
* In general, ship registration often uses Panama.
We can arrange a Vessel hangar (Parking lot) at Subang International Airport (formerly Kuala Lumpur International Airport). Necessary inspections and maintenance can be performed in the hangar. Subang International Airport is located close to Kuala Lumpur city area, so it is used by domestic flights, Singapore routes, large aircraft maintenance facilities, business jet companies, etc.
We can support both purchase and lease. Labuan can also support the establishment of a leasing company, so please consider using it as well.
Please provide death certificate, BTC will notify the relevant Authorities and cancel the work permit of the deceased.